My Family

My Family

Friday, September 9, 2011

9/11 First Responders

I have been doing a lot of reading and listening about 9/11 to prepare to teach our son about 9/11. After all, it is the 10th anniversary of the event. I have found an issue that is really bothering me about what I have read. What is the issue? The first responders to The World Trade Center. From what I understand, there are a lot of them that are being diagnosed with some form or another of cancer. Now, that's pretty bad but, what's even worse is that their health care is supposedly not being taken care of! I know I read about one of the men who came down with mouth cancer that had grown down one side of his neck and into other areas of his body. When he asked for health care, from what I understand, he was told it was because of the work he did on 9/11. They know this because a lot of them are being diagnosed. He has had to pay for a majority of his health care from out of his own pocket! I think this is a horrible shame! I wish I knew something to do to help but, besides sending an email to the president is about the only thing I can think of besides sending an email to my Senator. So, I was thinking that if others would do the same, wanting these brave men and women to have their health taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment