My Family

My Family

Friday, January 20, 2012

A Bussines Being Born?

Well, it's been a while since I've posted, frankly I'm busy doing so many other things that I just don't have time. Then too, I just plain forget to post sometimes too.

Anyway, what's the business going to be about? A friend of mine and I want to try design, make, and sell learning games. How did we come up with the idea? It started a few months ago when our son was having problems understanding how to do multiplication. After trying several ways to teach him how to multiply, he finally got it! So, now I needed to come up with a way for him to practice his multiplication skills. How did I do it? I created a game board. If you know our son, you know his interest in dinosaurs, so I made a game board with a dinosaur theme.

I met my friend through the internet, she had contacted me, asking me for help and advice about homeschoooling. Her husband was resistant about her homeschooling her son but, he finally let her start and from what I understand, she and her son are doing well. When I sent her a picture of the game board I had made for Martin, she liked it so much that she suggested that we try making and selling them. Once we had decided to start, it was slow starting.


I think we have split up our business pretty evenly, so far I've come up with the basic idea for each of the game boards, then she does the graphics, I write the directions for putting the game boards together and how to play the game. We have made two game boards so far, a space themed game board and a letter blending game. We have sent them out to our game testers a couple weeks ago and now, we are anxiously waiting for them to return their opinions of them!

So, now we're almost ready to start selling our game boards. We've decided the name of our company is going to be Learning Tree Games and to start, we're going to sell our games only through Currclick.com

So, wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment